We have developed a suite of five online training modules designed to help frontline tourism and hospitality staff enhance their knowledge of the destination and all it has to offer. Everyone involved in tourism has an ambassadorial role to play in talking up and promoting the destination when interacting with visitors. Helping visitors get the most from their stay and connecting them to experiences across the destination can:
- Increase visitor satisfaction levels, both with your product or experience, and with the destination overall
- Increase dwell time and spend in the destination
- Stimulate repeat visits
- Stimulate recommendations by visitors to friends and family
- Enhance the reputation of the destination overall
Working through the modules can help you or your team answer queries like “what can we do today” more effectively. They can also help you answer pre arrival questions from customers in more detail. The five modules are:
- Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire – an introductory overview of the destination.
- Food and Drink – tells the region’s food and drink story, focusing on provenance and local produce (funded by Opportunity North East with support from the Scottish Government’s North East Economic Recovery and Skills Fund).
- Adventure Tourism - two modules giving information on the range of adventure activities and experiences in the region (also funded by Opportunity North East with support from Scottish Government’s North East Economic Recovery and Skills Fund)
- Great Outdoors in the City - highlights the availability of outdoor experiences and natural attractions in Aberdeen (funded by NatureScot).
The modules are free to use and can be completed at the learners’ own pace, using a PC, tablet or mobile phone. They receive a certificate for each module on completion. There is no limit to the number of learners you can sign up to work through the modules.
To give you access to the online training modules, please complete the form below with your business name, your full name and email address and any additional learners that you wish to add. Please note that the system does not support shared email accounts and each individual learner will require their own email address. If you wish to sign up more than 10 learners, please send their full names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org